Apr 27, 2014

Our Scholarship Recipients

Mennonite Church Eastern Canada held its Annual Gathering on Friday and Saturday, April 25 and 26 at Niagara College in Niagara-on- the-Lake. I attended and set up a Mennonite Women Canada display as I have for the past several years. I was pleased when I found my display table was right next to the main doors going into the meeting area - a perfect place to meet a lot of people. Many stopped by the display to chat and  my supply of chocolate ran out by lunch time!

I truly felt energized and encouraged by the smiles and comments! A highlight for me was to meet some of our scholarship recipients and hear them voice again their deep appreciation for the funds from MW Canada and how much it meant to them. Carrie Martens is now pastoring at Stirling Avenue Mennonite Church; Kara Carter at Wellesley Mennonite; Alissa Bender at Hamilton Mennonite and Jessica Reesor Rempel from Stirling Avenue Mennonite is continuing her studies at Toronto School of Theology and Conrad Grebel University College. Alicia Good, who received the scholarship in 2011 and 2012 is now pastoring at North Leamington United Mennonite.  

We thank God for our young Mennonite women pastors across Canada!

I am currently working on trying to locate all of our recipients since 2002 and would like to write a "Where are they Now?" article for our page in the Canadian Mennonite for September.  Their names are listed in a previous blog posted in February 2012.  Click here to read more about our Scholarship Fund on that blog post.


No comments:

Post a Comment