Join Mennonite women from across Canada for a 9-day intergenerational women’s tour in Tanzania in 2018.
- Visit with Christians who are helping Tanzanian children at a school supported by a monastery and a unique community library started by a Canadian Mennonite.
- Learn about the Maasai way of life in a traditional village.
- Buy unique crafts at a local market and a social enterprise for people with disabilities.
- Interact with local Mennonite congregations and/or women’s groups.
- See elephants, lions, giraffes, monkeys, zebras and other wildlife plus a large assortment of colourful birds on two safaris.
Tour includes opportunities to share your skills and stories with local women through “wisdom exchanges”. You can also participate in a fundraising project that will benefit Tanzanian women. During the tour, deepen relationships with fellow travellers and foster connections with Tanzanians. Grow in your faith in Christ as you pray, worship, and reflect. Tour leader, Shirley Redekop, is the President of Mennonite Women Canada.