Nov 23, 2018

Women Walking in Faith - August 2018 - A perfect spot for gratitude

Kate Janzen, Mennonite Women Alberta's rep on our executive shared her reflections on gratitude.  She wrote:
Growing up, I never wanted to be a farmer. It seemed like farm machinery always had precedence over a new couch, curtains or nice shoes. Then I met my husband Bob at Rosthern Mennonite Collegiate in Saskatchewan, and he wanted to be a veterinarian. Naively, I never thought this would involve farming, so I taught elementary school while he studied.  
Later, we had three children and moved to a farm west of Calgary, where I’ve seen glimpses of God’s kingdom as I embraced the farming lifestyle.
Bob Janzen built a ‘gratitude bench’ on one of the hills of the family farm and wove
the word eucharisteo (gratitude) onto the fence. (Photo by Kate Janzen)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete