Dec 19, 2013

One more Christmas Idea!

This past week I was on Facebook and saw this post by Velma Harder, from Grace Mennonite Church in Prince Albert, SK.  Velma and I are Grandma and Oma (respectively) to two wonderful boys - Nicholas and Andreas - who live in Winnipeg.  When I read her post I was challenged and decided to include it here as well as share it on my Facebook page. It's just one more Christmas idea and a wonderful way to share the gift that was given on that first Christmas Day so many years ago.

Velma wrote: 
Several weeks ago we gave our family an advance on their Christmas present.  We gave each of them (children and adults) $20 but there were strings attached.  They were told they were not to spend any of that on themselves but to think of creative ways in which they could brighten someone else’s day.  When we are together over New Years we will all talk about how we spent our $20.  I gave my $20 to contribute to food hampers for the less fortunate.  I shared this in our church and asked people to consider matching my $20.  The resulting contribution was astounding.  So, now I will go a step further and ask you to match my $20 by donating to your local food bank, community school, church or other charity of your choice.  Thank you so much and I wish all of you a wonderful Christmas. 






No comments:

Post a Comment