Apr 22, 2011

How Deep the Father's Love for Us


This morning I attended our church's Good Friday Communion Service. It was a very moving service and one of the songs we sang was particularly poignant for me. I have sung it before but today it seemed to be the perfect song to sing. I have copied the words below and pray that by sharing it with you, you will receive a blessing this Easter weekend.

How deep the Father's love for us, how vast beyond all measure,

That he should give His only Son to make a wretch His treasure.

How great the pain of searing loss; the Father turns His face away,

As wounds which mar the Chosen One bring many sons to glory.


Behold the man upon a cross, my sin upon His shoulder;

Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice call out among the scoffers.

It was my sin that held Him there until it was accomplished;

His dying breath has brought me life—I know that it is finished.


I will not boast in anything, no gifts, no power, no wisdom;

But I will boast in Jesus Christ, His death and resurrection.

Why should I gain from His reward? I cannot give an answer,

But this I know with all my heart: His wounds have paid my ransom.

Music and Lyrics by Stuart Townend. Copyright 1995, Kingsway's Thankyou Music (PRS). Admin. EMI Christian Music Publishing. CCLI License #923708

No comments:

Post a Comment