Jan 21, 2013

SGAF Recipient - Deborah Ferber


Dear Friends,
Greetings in the name of Christ.  Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to study at Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary in Elkhart, Indiana.  My first semester of seminary has been exhilarating, inspiring, challenging, diverse, and everything in between.  I often like to say that I am learning just as many life lessons which I will take with me into the ministry as I am learning academically.

This past semester at AMBS has really helped cement for me certain concepts of social justice and pacifism and to think about marginalization in ways that I never have before.  Living in Elkhart is quite a bit different than living in Toronto (which is where I did my undergrad), but I find that being in the U.S. has given me a different perspective and has helped me to see things from a different point of view.

I really appreciate how at AMBS we are given the freedom to challenge, question, and discern what we believe for ourselves.  I think the professors are all very approachable and helpful not only when it comes to questions that come up in class, but also when it comes to advice for future pastorates.  I thank you once again for making the opportunity possible for me and other Mennonite women in Canada.  I know that I could not be at AMBS without your generous support.  More than that, having you support me shows that you believe in the ministry and in young leaders.

Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment