Jan 22, 2013

SGAF Recipient - Alicia Good


I am enjoying my final semester of studies and looking forward to graduation this April.  Right now I have begun working on my thesis, which will explore ways in which the Lord's Supper forms the church's worshiping community and provides an alternative narrative which allows the church to resist the false narrative of consumerism.  I am grateful for the presence of AMBS Professor Emeritus John Rempel in Toronto, whose work on the Lord's Supper in the Anabaptist tradition is a major influence on my thinking.  I hope to argue that the worship traditions of the Mennonite Church are essential for our peace and justice work.
    
Over the past several months I have been very involved at Toronto United Mennonite Church in a congregational discernment process over potentially providing sanctuary for a family of Hungarian Roma refugees.  I have been teaching Adult Education classes and leading a working group to provide information to the congregation on this project.  I also continue with my field education placement with Mennonite Central Committee at Sanctuary walking alongside of people who are street involved in downtown Toronto.
    
When I graduate in April, I hope to begin pastoral ministry in an MCEC congregation in Southern Ontario.  Right now I am prayerfully entering into the candidating process and I am excited about finding a congregation which is a good fit with my gifts and skills. 
    
I am very grateful for the financial assistance provided to me my MW Canada.  This has been very helpful for my studies and for my future in ministry.

Blessings, Alicia Good

No comments:

Post a Comment